Re: [NTLK] CF card and adaptor

From: Jeremy Wood (woodjd_at_whitman.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 19:42:08 PST

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Il me semble que le 29/3/03 =E0 02:09 -0800, Jeremy Wood nous racontait:
> >It takes an hour to compile?
>
> Yes, that's the average time required for a full release build, if
> MPW isn't the frontmost application (it can take much longer if I do
> other things on the machine than answering mail, web surfing, writing
> code).

<snip>

> PowerBook G4 15" 1 GHz, 1 GB of ram, MacOS X 10.2.4, power settings
> set to Maximum performances when I compile.

<snip>

>etc

Thanks for the great inside view on your development enviroment/etc. I
thought you might have been using an old Mac to develop on. In that vein,
things must have been really slow to compile back in the day.

I think it would be hard to get you a faster machine than that :-)

It's amazing how big and complex stuff gets when you've been plunking away
at it for a long time.

Jeremy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html