Re: [NTLK] [OT] X-10/CM11A (Was: Soybo usage already...)

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 18:15:26 PST

The CM-11A dates from around 1997 and is still the top-end consumer
controller. (There are some more sophisticated ones, but they tend to be
niche/specialty products.

It replaced the earlier CP-290A which was little more than a
computer-programmable timer.

X-10 also sells something called the "Firecracker" (sorry, forgot the
number) which is a serial-port dongle containing the radio portion of one of
their wireless controllers.

<<<john>>>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html