Re: [NTLK] OT iPod mutates - and a question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 10:38:40 PDT

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 06:51 AM, Mark Rollins wrote:
<snip>
> Is it me or am I the only one who - when listening to even a high
> bitrate
> MP3 on a very good stereo system - thinks the sound quality is DRECK
> compared to the original vinyl or CD?

I think your right on. But most people only have crappy gear anyhow
(pc speakers et al), and those crazy kids have blown up there ears with
that loud thumping anyhow.

Still if you have the gear and the ears, there is no comparison between
a good vinyl record and MP3's.

I haven't played any AAC's through my "real" stereo system, but I would
guess the above is still true....

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html