Re: [NTLK] ? Macintalk options on Newt ?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 14:22:03 PDT

on 5/1/03 4:48 PM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> As far as I know, there is no way to speak the text of
> a Newton Book or a Paperback book, unless there is
> some kind of 3rd party app.
    Open the book you want read. Open the routing dialog (speak will likely
not be present). Close the routing dialog. Double tap anywhere in the book
text. Open the routing dialog again (speak text should now be an option).
    Works on my Newt with any book regardless of what was used to create it.
YMMV.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html