Re: [NTLK] OT iPod mutates - and a question

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 10:06:53 PDT

>> I mean in a car with 80+ dB of road noise or through Bose noise-cancelling
>> headphones with background jet engine noise filtering in the music sounds
>> fine.
>
> Ah, and while I am at it - Mark, if you have the ears you may want to

Still do - I always wear hearing protection; lawn mowing, airplanes,
concerts. In my 20's I had an audiologist friend measure my hearing in a
non-standard way. Usually test cutoff is 8 kHz; he measure up to 20 kHz;
hearing was just about flat right up to 20 kHz, something you usually only
see in young girls. Still should be "pretty good" ;)

> check out Etymotic Research http://www.etymotic.com/hifi/micropro.asp
> or the canalphones by Shure, they should all sound much better then
> whatever Bose has out there. Lots of in information:
> http://www.head-fi.org
>
> Oliver :)
These look nice, I'll check them out. Actually the Bose headphones work very
well, and were 'free' via AMEX rewards points. Bulky, but work well. Since
they cancel broadband noise as opposed to attenuate, I can hear someone next
to me talking over a roaring din.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html