Re: [NTLK] [OT] apple store hoe-down?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 23:39:08 PDT

<snip>
> I loved the i-pod, though, the way all those moving parts have been
> replaced by trackpad-like sensitive areas. The backlight, too, is very
> cool. One thing, though, about it confused me. The backlight function
> is listed at the top level of the menu, but if it is dark how do you
> know that backlight is highlighted before pushing the ipod's center
> button to activate it? Why not do something a la Newt or even palm to
> make the backlight easier to activate?

Actually on my older ipos holding down the highest button (menu) turns
on the backlight, much like the MP2100 power switch does.

I have to also add that I have decided I LIKE the old style real scroll
wheel and buttons.

Sure the trackpad thing is cheap and bulletproof, but the original
ipods setup is pretty tough too, and I like the physical feedback real
buttons and wheels provide better. I miss the old school
volume/treble/bass knobs on my car stereo for example...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html