[NTLK] Upgrade to 2100?

From: Jeremy Wiles (screwjack_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 00:27:47 PDT

I just acquired a near mint MP2000 (which I haven't yet received) and I'm
wondering if I should upgrade it to a 2100. I've only used 2100s and I'm
curious if the increase in performance is worth the effort (and risk) of
cracking it open and dropping in a motherboard from one of my other units.
I've previously managed a successful dissection and resurrection of my
hardware. (Thank you Frank for the outstanding instructions!)

I would consider my overall daily usage to be 'light to moderate'; daily
notes and appointments, occasional web and email with ethernet. No
interface addons, possibly Mah jong now and then. What sort of usage commonly requires
freezing and unfreezing apps to reclaim heap on a stock 2000?

I know I could just wait until I get it and decide after I've used it for
a while but I wanted to know if anyone else had any thoughts. (I'm also overly
excited about welcoming a new MP to the family and just needed to talk
about it with people that can understand what all the fuss is about)
*grin*

jer

"Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible." - Frank
Zappa

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html