Re: [NTLK] [OT] Hosting companies

From: Andre Garzia (soapdog_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 21:01:41 PDT

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 01:02 AM, Larrie Easterly wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am thinking about getting another domain name and setting up a Web
> site for personal use and seeking opinions on which Web hosting =
company
> to use. The reason I am asking all of you is because I have come to
> trust your opinions and feedback. The hosting company can be either
> Unix, Mac, MS, CF based, have more than one email address, have a Web
> interface for email, and a control panel for managing the site.
>
> So who do you like/recommend/use?

Larrie,

i used Godaddy.com to register my domain, it was a year ago and i am=20
very pleased with the service. To host my dns i use DynDns.org, with a=20=

30 dollars donation you get a lifetime membership, they host your dns=20
and also provide you with nice tools for creating redirections and=20
subdomains... as for the web hosting itself i am using Apple .MAC but=20
the service is not able to run CGI or dynamic pages... only static, and=20=

it's expensive... but it was my choice.

hope it helps.
andre

> Larrie Easterly
> Corvallis, Oregon
>
> --=20
> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all=20
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Andre Alves Garzia =EF=A3=BF 2003 =EF=A3=BF BRAZIL
http://www.soapdog.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html