Re: [NTLK] Who's going to have over 30GB of music?

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 04:03:36 PDT

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 09:35, Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:
> > if you
> > dont want to share what music you have and you dont want to download
> > from someone who does then dont. but dont tell others they are wrong.
>
> Sorry -- disagree. It's theft of intellectual property, and it is
> wrong. I admit I do it too but I don't try to justify it by pretending
> it's okay.
>
> > the technology has been created and is out there to be used. your
> > choice as to how it is used is your business.
>
> The technology to pick locks, crack safes, and murder people has been
> created and is out there also. I don't consider these activities
> subject to personal discretion about whether they are morally
> acceptable.

There is no technology to pick locks, crack safes or murder people. There
is technology that can be used to do all those things, but the same
technology can be used to save people's lives as well.

Don't confuse the means with the goal...

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.