Re: [NTLK] OT: Guns don't kill people, iPods do (was Whose going to have 30GB...)

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 12:50:20 PDT

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 09:38 AM, Matthew Reidsma wrote:

> i dont believe that guns kill people, people kill
> people. just because the gun can >be used to kill a person doesnt
> mean that
> it has to be used for that. ....
>
> And pray tell what it is to be used for besides killing? Baking a cake?
> Leveling the couch? That argument just doesn't hold water...
>
> -msr

Well, many folks use guns for hunting game (which is NOT killing
people). and lots of other folks, including myself, use them for target
shooting (again, NOT killing people).
I don't hunt myself, but I have friends who do, and they supply me with
"deer burger", which is very low in fat content. Something that's
important to heart patients such as myself.
So yes, there ARE other uses for guns besides killing other people!
BTW, you can kill folks with cars and baseball bats, but I don't see
anyone trying to outlaw driving to baseball games............. ;-)
John

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html