Re: [NTLK] Jaggies on MP2000?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 14:35:24 PDT

Joey & Susan wrote:

> What is a "JAGGIE"?

   From the Newton FAQ -- check it out at www.newted.com - it will answer a lot of newbie questions.

g) My MP2000/2100 pen input is all messed up. What can I do?
This is a problem known as the "Jaggies". The symptoms are: - invalid pen input, ie. you draw something and the Newton displays something totally different - random pen input appearing when you draw or write It can be caused by two things: - Dirt that has collected between the lip of the case and the touchscreen. This can be aggravated by resting your hand on the case while writing, causing the dirt to trigger an unwanted "tap" on the screen - A warped case that is exerting pressure on the touchscreen, thereby confusing the Newton's calibration - A damaged or oxidized touchscreen connector inside your Newton - A damaged touchscreen

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html