Re: [NTLK] WiFi printing from Newton without AppleTalk?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 14:49:26 PDT

Il me semble que le 7/5/03 à 23:29 +0200, Roman Pixell nous racontait:
>well... paul g said he might have a TCP/IP solution for this.

No no no no. I didn't say I might have a TCP/IP solution for this.
At some point, the ZeroConf code in the Dock TCP/IP module will be
rewritten in C++ and moved to a new version of NIE Patch so anyone
could use it (still, the Dock TCP/IP module comes with full source
code under the reflexive license).

The issue is that I would like to include the first layer of
Rendezvous (local link), but I don't seem to be able to make it work
with OS X via Airport -- it seems to me that (a) no configuration and
OS X requires hardware (the ethernet interface is down when not
connected, anyone succeeded in connecting two MacOS X laptops via
Airport without one being connected to an ethernet hub or a modem?)
and (b) zeroconf and Airport are incompatible because of the
necessary parameters with Airport (plus I wasn't able to convince my
extreme base station to transmit local link packets).

But I didn't say I'll figure out how to let the Newton print via
TCP/IP to postscript printers. It's not in my immediate plans.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/