Re: [NTLK] Creation of an off topic list?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 11:41:37 PDT

Quoting "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_comcast.net>:

> on 05/09/03 12:29 PM, Eric Schneck at eschneck_at_mindspring.com wrote:
>
> >> one can just filter those messages
> >> to a separate folder and do what she/he wants with them.
> >
> > Unless one is on digest.
> >
> > I am strongly in favor of taking all OT discussions to a separate list.
>
> Hmmm... since the list serve has to take some sort of software action to
> compile the digest, is it possible to set an option so that the OT posts
> could be filtered prior to compilation into a digest? Seems to me that
> way everyone can have their cake and eat it too.

Anything is possible given enough time and hacking on the eCartis digest
module (thank goodness eCartis is so nicely modularized). It's not a bad
idea. This would be implemented as just another subscription mode, like how
digest currently is.

Problem is not all OT posts are tagged, or even tagged the same way. But that
shouldn't be a problem for me.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html