Re: [NTLK] Thanks for all responses on modems. Can anyone tell me

From: Steve Tedder (teasip_at_cox.net)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 05:39:02 PDT

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 05:04 AM, funke erich wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the essential differences between the "3Com
> Etherlink III
> 3C589D" and the "3Com 3CXE589ET"?
The ET is newer than the D.
> What is Etherlink III?
Etherlink is 3Com's brand name for their Ethernet products.

> I have just bought a 3COM 10 Mbps LAN (Ethernet?) card Model 3CXE589ET.
> But would it help me more (/make my life easier/make the setup easier)
> have bought the "3Com Etherlink III 3C589D" instead?
The setup is identical except for which patch you use. See
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ for details.
My guess is the two cards are functionally identical in the Newton,
which, let's face it, does not require the maximum performance out of
an Ethernet card.

Are you having any specific problems getting the card to work?

--
Steve Tedder
Ah, the life of a frog. That's the life for me! --Bart Simpson