[NTLK] Cocoa and GNUStep (Was Re: uahauuah a newbie developer arrives!!!)

From: Andre Garzia (soapdog_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 18:55:57 PDT

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 04:01 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 08:21 Europe/Amsterdam, Ben Klang wrote:
>> Oh and of course the ability to sync with Linux/*BSD/Solaris
>> (specifically Ximian Evolution, but also possibly modern versions of
>> the
>> KDE PIM apps) would be nice.
>
> Wouldn't that be in a future version of Escale?

I saw many programs for the MacOS X... some of them claim to be pure=20
cocoa apps, if so, their sync functions must be plain Objective-C, so=20
is there a possibility to port thoose apps, or at least the core=20
communications functions to the GNUStep toolkit, then we could have=20
some killer apps in *nix....

did someone tried this aproach? are thoose softwares using some weird=20
Cocoa class that is not present in GNUStep?

Cheers.
Andre Garzia =EF=A3=BF 2003
imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html