Re: [NTLK] itunes plug-in

From: Technoir Support (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 07:48:31 PDT

On Dimanche, mai 11, 2003, at 02:22 PM, Edward Humes wrote:

> On Saturday, May 10, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
>
>> As for your 'undeletable' version of iTunes, it sounds like to need to
>> run the permissions repair tools supplied on the Jaguar install disc.
>> You
>> can also use the Cocktail utility to do this:
>
> Before I started messing with the scary root, I thought I'd try the
> alternative, suggested by Daniel Padilla, of the fetch URL function of
> nHttpLib that comes with Mad Max. It worked!

glad it worked out. but don't be afraid of the permissions repair. it
is not that difficult, and it is recommended that you run it
occasionally, esp after a system update. the easiest way to run it is
to open Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility, select your system
partition, and press the repair "permissions" button. the scariest part
is that you have to enter your sudo password.

st

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html