Re: [NTLK] ATA support on the eMate and Questions about eBooks

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 15:07:22 PDT

Paul Guyot wrote:
> I only know one flag editor, Victor's, but an hexadecimal editor can

Which, I'll point out, is for Windows only:

http://www.chuma.org/code/newton/pkgflags/

> do the job as well. If you're unsure about a package, I might dig the
> documentation (it's Newton Formats PDF) and write a short tutorial
> with say HexEdit on MacOS X or whatever hexadecimal editor you have
> on your machine.

I also wrote a document for the Newton Bowels project that shows the structure
of the header using hex offsets - good if you're text editing directly:

http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/Bowels/Structure_Of_Package_Header.txt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html