Re: [NTLK] Newton coverage (again) in PalmTopPro magazine...

From: Brian Parker (bunnyboy_at_sealiecomputing.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 19:27:51 PDT

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 14:50 US/Pacific, David Orriss Jr wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 May 2003 11:12 am, Karel Jansens wrote:
>
>> They haven't heard of the Zaurus by now???
>>
>> For the record: I think the Newt is better UI-wise, but as a Linux
>> user I'd
>> give any non-essential body part for a Z.
>
> Oh I dunno... I really liked what I saw of the Tungsten C.. and it's
> got
> built-in WiFi.... In fact I might end up getting one....

My brother just got one of those. Quite impressive but the screen is
still not big enough (its 320x320). If the keyboard area was screen
instead I might think about Newton replacement. The high end Sony
Clies have a 480x320 which I consider to be the minimum useful screen
after using Newt 2k for so long. The hardware supports 640x480x16, but
the PalmOS is pretty brain dead about different screen sizes and Sony
had to do funky tricks to get bigger than 320x320.

Brian Parker
Sealie Computing
bunnyboy_at_sealiecomputing.com

NewtGlider - www.sealiecomputing.com/NewtGlider