Re: [NTLK] NHttplib Fetch URL vs Jpeg

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 07:11:07 PDT

>On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 09:01 PM, Tom McDougal wrote:
>
>> This does sound like an interesting exercise, and I am indeed at the
>> stage of trying to create my first Newt App. Since you say it should be
>> easy I 1 will give it a try.
>>
>> I assume I will need to know how to make use of the jpeg plug in. A
> > pointer to documentation would be welcome.
>
>As a starter, I strongly recommend getting "Programming for the Newton
>using Macintosh" from Unna. (It doesn't matter if you're not working on
>a Mac). If you can get hold of a paper copy, even better. It is an
>excellent book. If you feel confident with the NTK and some small
>example apps, read the chapters on Data Storage and NewtApp.
>
>Eckhart

        I can offer the books "Programming for the Newton Using
Macintosh 2nd Edition" by McKeehan and Rhodes and "Newton's
Programmer's Guide" by Apple Computer Inc., both with CD's for the
cost of shipping. They're in excellent condition and came with my
just-purchased Newton, but I'm not likely to use them and would like
them to go to someone who can get some good out of them. Besides,
maybe this way I'll build up enough good deeds for *someone* to port
either the "Swedish Chef" or "Psycho Chicken" text filters to the
Newton or to OS X...

--
Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net