[NTLK] [ANN] In case you're hungry...

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 11:28:59 PDT

Essen ist fertig!

http://40hz.org/Essen/

Essen is an MX2 recipe file reader. In a moment of pure boldness I've
released it as version 1.0.

The MX2 file format is used e.g by MasterCook to store recipes in an XML
based format. There are thousands of recipes available on the net, a
nice starting point is Mad's Recipe Emporium
(http://www.madsrecipes.com/).

To get the recipes onto your Newton, put an MX2 file (it has to have the
suffix ".mx2"!) somewhere on a web server, point Fetch URL (part of
NHttpLib) to it and download it into the Inbox. You can also use Nitro
to get the file into the Inbox using IrDA. From there, put it away to
Essen. Note that importing a large number of recipes takes some time but
it will finish at some point.

Organizing recipes is not trivial, and Essen simply relies on the
Newton's folder mechanism and the built-in Find to achieve that. It
might not be that much but I feel a bit lazy at the moment. That's also
why you can't edit the recipes.

Enjoy!

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html