Re: [NTLK] Fwd: bye-bye!

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 18:03:11 PDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 5/15/03 8:34 PM, the entity known
as Will Ross transmitted the following from paxswill_at_macmail.com:

>> Obviously I missed something... To what is all this referring to??
> The site that Bograt posted supposedly crashed some machines
> (specifically Windoze Boxes). Lots of people are mad, and Bograt is
> apologizing profusely.
> -Will

I've since figured that out. I looked in my deleted items folder, since if
a message has either a "Re: NewtonTalk Digest..." or a blank subject, I
delete it immediately.

I guess being a Mac person, I can't comprehend how that site could crash a
machine. On IE 5.1.6 (OS 8.1), the window just moves around the screen. It
took all of about 5 seconds to stop this by quitting IE, or perhaps a bit
longer by hammering on CMD-W to close the windows faster than they're
opened. I actually found it less pernicious than those sites that keep
popping up windows as a direct response to closing their earlier window.
(The trick is closing the new one before it's loaded enough to have
downloaded the code that pops up the next one.)

- Eric.

Fight political correctness!  Speak the truth!!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html