Re: [NTLK] Newton Bits and TapletPC logo

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 10:41:07 PDT

> P.S. The whole deal with the TabletPC logo is creepy and awfully
> suspicious to me. I'm a graphic designer. I don't buy the fact that
> other designers would research what symbols/logos have and not been
> used
> by concepts and products related to handheld computing and handwriting
> recognition systems and not come across the Newton logo.

The designers themselves probably *wouldn't* have done that sort of
research. (If for no other reason than to avoid discovering that all
the best ideas have already been done!) And a more thorough search
(after the design was complete) would likely only have been done if
this were a product logo.

> Also, Microsoft has been known to suggest/request (read: "demand") to
> their designers
> (in-house and outside firms) to copy a design in order to
> corrupt/assimilate that same image others have established and/or are
> already using.

I guess when you get to be as big as Microsoft, *any aspect of business
is fair game for paranoia and suspicion. *Chuckle*...

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html