Re: [NTLK] Map Books

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 21:26:00 PDT

I used NewtPlay with a map of San Francisco (was it
really only last year???) The map I used has the
ability of creating "hotspots" that will link to other
"pages" inside the map. It also allowed a limited
"zoom" to get more details of the map. Word of warning
though, it's a resource hog when you use large maps.
See my site: http://newton.tek-ed.com
and check the san francisco map and the NewtPlay
application. Download them both directly to your Newt
and play with them and see if they do what you want..
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
<big 'ol snip>

> Dylan, thanks for the legal part.
>
> As for the map (and the Newton part of this thread,
> for that matter ;-)
>
> As the link before showed, yes, it can be done and
> has been done by
> Peter Belanger but nobody mentioned 'Mapper' from
> http://www.tow.com/software/newton.shtml
> From the site: 'Mapper is an application that lets
> Newton users view
> and scroll large images and maps on their Newton.
> Mapper is free.'
>

> Robert Benschop

=====
"If the nation escalates to 'red alert', you will de assumed by athorities to be the enemy if you so much as venture outside your home."
 - Sid Caspersen, NJ's director of the office of counter-terrorism