Re: [NTLK] Map Books

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 11:41:32 PDT

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 03:44 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Mapper' from
> http://www.tow.com/software/newton.shtml
> From the site: 'Mapper is an application that lets Newton users view
> and scroll large images and maps on their Newton. Mapper is free.'

Thank you list members for your input about map-making and the Newton,
especially the pointer to the mapper application. when I have some time
on my hands, I am going to try to make some LA maps, and I'll let you
know how it goes.

Thanks also to everyone who chimed in before I could in response to one
list member's mistaken understanding of the laws governing copyright,
intellectual property and fair use. As someone whose copyright HAS been
violated (though the reproduction AND distribution of my work, and
"and" being the key), I think I'm pretty sensitive to such concerns --
and I'm delighted to find so many of the Newtontalk list members share
that concern.

Cheers,
Ed Humes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html