Re: [NTLK] An Amazing Story...

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 19:01:26 PDT

In a previous message, John M Powell typed vigorously:

>I forgot mine in a shopping cart once. Realized it when I was
>driving away. It was still there. Worse 5 minutes of my life
>I think. People probably think I'm a bit retentive about knowing
>where it's at, but it's integrated into my life so much that
>it'd be a little bit of a blow to lose it.

It sounds like most of us have similar stories to share...

I was at Macworld Boston several years ago and was purchasing some
software at the Connectix booth. I leaned my briefcase against the booth
next as I paid for my purchase. My wallet went back in my pocket. The
software was tucked under my arm. And my Newton, my sketch book, my hotel
key, and the tickets for my return flight home were left i my briefcase
at the booth. I didn't realize I had forgotten anyting until I was
halfway back to the hotel on the shuttle bus. Fortunately, the briefcase
was still sitting there when I returned. Whew.

Thank goodness it didn't fly off the roof of a moving vehicle...

g.

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html