Re: [NTLK] Help! NCU troubles...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 10:08:07 PDT

on 24/05/03 12:56, Bruce E. Durocher II at bedii_at_qwest.net wrote:

> Well, I have uninstalled the Keyspan serial drivers under OS
> X and reinstalled them under OS 9. I now can use NCU with a serial
> connection without a problem, but (obviously) cannot connect via
> NewTen. I'm going to stick with this for awhile until *somebody*
> comes up with a way to transfer NewtonWorks documents under OS X or I
> get an 802.11b card for the Newton, whichever comes first.
>
>> On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 12:26 Europe/Amsterdam, Bruce E.
>> Durocher II wrote:
>>> When I got back and restarted the PowerBook I could not get NCU to
>>> connect via serial no matter what I tried. *Something* seems to be
>>> incorrectly set, but I don't know what.
>>
>> Most of the time a not working connection on an old Mac means that you
>> have the AppleTalk Control Panel set on serial, this will keep the port
>> unusable for any other form of communication...
>>
>> Robert Benschop

You can usually transfer NewtWorks documents with NCU running under Classic.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power.
Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer
microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO,
Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display
with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids
through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2.
[IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html