[NTLK] FS: UK Newton Collection

From: Ben Smith (newtontalk_at_bensmith.fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 15:00:27 PDT

I'm sad to say that work and financial pressures mean I must seek a new
home for my beloved Newton collection, so I would like to offer it to the
list in the search for a 'deserving' owner. All items are available
separately, but I would prefer to sell together and 'bulk' price will
reflect that.

I am UK-based but will ship world-wide. Any offers?

Questions to: bensmith [at] fastmail.fm

The collection:

 MessagePad 2000 (not upgraded) in very good condition including:
  Built-in keyboard dongle upgrade (dongle also included)
  2 rechargeable batteries (1 re-conditioned)
  AA battery tray
  Original UK 3 pin power adaptor

 Newton keyboard and case in 'nearly new' condition.

 MessagePad 120 in good condition.

 MessagePad 110 (has some scuffing to case).

 OMP (Screen in as-new condition) including original leather sleeve,
 handbook and tips card.

 OMP boxed including all original contents (all except box in as-new
 condition):
  Power adaptor
  Rechargable battery and 'standard' battery cradle
  Manuals and paperwork including registration card VHS video
  'Getting Started' flash memory card

 Charging station for 110/120/130 form factor boxed with all original
 contents (all except box in as-new condition) including:
  Manual
  Power adaptor (US two-pin model)
  Spare stylus

 'Spares':
  Newton Battery Pack Recharger (UK 3 pin model)
  Original UK 3 pin power adaptor

 Flash Memory:
  ActionTec 16Mb card
  Newton 2Mb card
  Newton 1Mb card

 Flash program cards:
  Fortune 500
  Columbo's Mystery Capers

 Communication cards:
  2 x 3Com Etherlink Network cards with one cable
  FreeSpirit V.34 Modem with cable
  IBM 14.4Kbs Data/Fax modem with cable
  Nokia Cellular Data Card with cable in Nokia case

 4 new 'NuShield' Screen protectors

 3 Newton-branded leather cases:
  1 x Small (Newton plus memory cards)
  1 x Medium (Newton, memory cards and stand for use with keyboard)
  1 x Large (Newton, cards, stand, cell phone and document sleeve)

 2 Mac sync cables

 1 PC sync cable

 Registration key for 'Inkspot' software product

 Documentation and magazines:
  CD-ROM archive of 'Handheld Systems' magazine
   Issues 1.1 - 7.1 (1993-1999)
  Apple NewtonScript Programming Language Reference
   (printed A4 in binder)
  Apple Newton Toolkit User's Guide for Windows
   (printed A4 in binder)
  Apple Press Newton Programmer's Guide For Newton 2.0
   (printed A4, bound)
  'Newton Technology Journal' magazine volumes 1-1 to 3-2
   (Feb 95 to Mar 97)

 Assorted other printed pieces of documentation including:
  MessagePad 2100 Users Manual
  Newton Enhancement Pack 'Getting Started Guide'
  'Newton Utilities' User Manual
  'Newton Works Getting Started' guide and user manual
  'Newton Internet Enabler Getting Started' guide
  'EnRoute' e-mail package documentation

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html