[NTLK] Dead 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 00:08:55 PDT

My 2100 decided to die yesterday. I did enter my time in Time Reporter
before leaving work and later in the evening, when I tried to open it, it
wouldn't come on. Being on that list for so long, I've tried all the tricks
I know, reset, hard reset, leaving the unit powerless for a couple of hours,
nothing brought it back to life. I still have my spare unit, but my most
recent backup is about a week old, so I'd like to retrieve the latest data
and bring it back to life. I'm going to leave it powerless for the remainder
of the night, but is there anything I could try?

Thanks, guys!

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html