Re: [NTLK] Dead 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 07:16:40 PDT

On 29/05/03 09:52, "Anthony Velasco" <ecotone_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Bummer, man! Thanks for the reminder - I'll be doing a backup today, put
> it off far too long! I had a similar instance as you, but your trick of
> leaving it lie overnight w/o the battery has worked for me. Sounds like
> you're going to have to open this one up for some further diagnostics. =20
>
> Glad you've been able to cache a spare unit...I've done the same. I
> can't imagine how I would manage my life without my little green buddy.
> Good luck reviving your main unit!

Thanks, Anthony! Yep, I've pretty much accepted the idea that I will have to
open it. Crap! Like if that was the only thing I had to do! In the worst
case, since I still have a 2000 with a broken screen, I will move the extra
RAM board from the dead 2100 to this 2000 along with the screen. Then, I
should be able to have another spare 2100. Still, that thing is puzzling me.
What could have happened? It was working fine, I put it into my PowerBook
bag, it was never dropped or anything like that, I pulled it off at home and
it wouldn't start. Mystery...

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html