Re: [NTLK] SMART Flash Memory Card problem

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 12:27:32 PST

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:55:14PM -0800, Henry Anderson wrote:
> I bought a 4MB SMART flash card off ebay, part number SM9FLA4MP320C. When I
> put the card in my MP130, it asks me if I'd like to erase it and I do, but
> it gives me an error: "There is a problem with this card. (This memory card
> is write protected.)" I doesn't make any difference whether write
> protection switch in the on or off position.

The SM9FLxxxx... models seem to be ATA cards, while the SM9FAxxxx...
look like they're the linear ones. I can't find that exact model listed
on SMARTm's site, but it looks like it's likely to be an ATA card. In
which case, you can eat the loss as a learned lesson, complain to the
seller if it was auctioned as a Newton-compatible card, or talk to Paul
about buying his ATA driver.

--
29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into
    confusion.