Re: [NTLK] [ANN]NotesWordCount (was: word count in notepad?)

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 15:34:12 PST

* Daniel Padilla <dproldan_at_telefonica.net> [ 2 Nov 2003 15:00]:
> This program adds a "Count Words" option to the routing menu of the
> NotePad application of your newton.
> It only works with plain notes, but, and this surprised myself, it even
> counts "ink" words. Isn't the Newt great?

Fabulous :-)

> Grab it from my programs page:
> http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/progs.htm

I did and installed it right away. Thank you! Is this a program you had
around before, or did you just make it?

> Please, let me kow of any bug you find or any improvement you'll like to
> see.

I see it doesn't take itself out of the routing menu when there is more
than one note selected in the overview, the way some other menu items
do. It says "0" words if there are multiple notes selected, so it
doesn't seem to work on multiple notes. May want to have it disappear
where it won't work... (Works on a single note in overview mode just
fine though.)

Now I can obsessively check my wordcount while writing...

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project