[NTLK] Globetrotter GPRS NIE 2.0 Problems

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 21:26:05 PST

Here is my (almost desperate) situation:
MP2100 - NIE v2.0 - NIE Serial Connection Setup
Wireless Card: Option Globetrotter (T-Mobile)
SIM Card: TIM Brazil

I was able to set a sucessful Login Script. When I launch a web browser
(NetHopper / Courier) and try to load a web page and select my NIE
Setup and can see the login script execute with no problems. I get a
CONNECT (with +CSQ:15 or +CSQ:16).

The problem is that immediatelly after the connection with the GPRS
network is done, the setup looks for a DNS Server. The problem is that
TIM Brazil does not provide/have/know(?) this info. So the DNS slip in
my setup has 0.0.0.0 :(

I checked with other forums (palm) and they are using an option "Query
DNS" in their Network configuration.

Is there any way that I can set the Newton to query for the DNS Server
and then get its automatic IP number?

Any advise will be of great help. Thanks!

lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html