Re: [NTLK] Idea for Eckhart: Newton -> Blunt -> Keyboard

From: J. E. Simons (newtlink_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 00:52:41 PST

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:11:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Eric
Schneck wrote:
>> From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
>> Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 09:36:57 PST
>>
>>  Or better yet, headphones/headsets. That way you
could listen to
your
>> MP3 in Mad player without a dongle.
>
> When MAD Max came out, I spent some time
(unsuccessfully) trying to
> find out what protocol is used by wireless infrared
headphones. That
> would be a cheap and elegant solution.

I think we might have a speed issue in both cases
(IrDA and BT). In
addition to that, there is a protocol issue in BT,
since audio uses
synchronous BT connections, a BT feature I haven't
looked at so far.

But the keyboard might be possible if somebody is
willing to donate a
BT keyboard ;)

Eckhart

maybe this keyboard is the one to use..

http://www.flexis.co.kr/web/fxcubebt.htm

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Dawn_of_Bluetooth_Keyboards

or, instead of bluetooth, this is IR.. but i'm not
sure if it would be compliant with NewtOS's IR.. (it
seems that they are having driver issues with the most
popular handhelds, too..)

http://www.pocketop.net/

i would think that the point it to have a portable
keyboard.. so, it would stand to reason that a
portable keyboard should be used to develop the
bluetooth compliant driver for that said keyboard..

Jim..