Re: [NTLK] Audio In/Out Adaptor and Keyboard

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 08:18:51 PST

In my opinion there is at least one point to think about:

A standard PC keyboard needs to be powered.
If you intend to power the keyboard from the Newt (which would be the most
convenient thing to do), take into account that the keyboard will draw a not
negligible amount of current from the Newt then.
In case of the Keyboard I actually have this is 50mA @ 5V.
If you consider that the Newt typically draws below 60mA w/o backlight this
is double the current.
So it would be recommended to power the Newt from the adapter while using
such a keyboard.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html