Re: [NTLK] Dock via IrDA to 5400/120

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 09:34:52 PST

On Tuesday, November 4, 2003, at 12:06 PM, Mike Taylor wrote:

> I'm a teacher in Wichita KS. Obtained 15 unwanted eMate 300's.
> Updated old batteries.
> Q: Can an eMate 300 dock via infrared (don't know if its IrDA / IrTalk
> / IrCOMM / IrOBEX)
> to a 5400/1200 or 6500/225?
>
> The Macs all have the little smoky windows in front, between the
> Headphone jack & the Volume, but do they actuallly work?
>
> I have no software on my Macs for the Newton.

Hi Mike,

I think since you have mac's with serial ports, your best bet is to run
Newton connection utility and use a serial port to load software onto a
emate. When you have one setup the way you want, you could use NCU to
back it up, and then restore the backup to each of the other units..

Once you have software on the emate, you might also use ir from emate
to emate to transfer stuff... Although some programs prohibit this
activity (you are warned.

In any event, you certainly could use a teachers emate to send/receive
stuff with students.

Try looking through:

http://www.unna.org/

This is the motherload of Newton software. Probably you want to get
NCU first, as that will allow you to setup/backup your systems.

Hope this helps.
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html