[NTLK] USB to serial converter question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 07:44:28 PST

Hello all,
I have been thinking of getting a USB to serial adapter so I don't have to
power down to change serial devices all the time (I have a tablet, Newton,
and camera that all use the serial port). Is there any requirements for a
Newton to connect to a PC via USB? I found one adapter but it looks just
like a simple cable and says "will not work with devices that require IRQ
settings". Now as far as I know the Newton only requires a COM port (feel
free to correct me on this). It is only $20, but I thought would ask on the
list and make sure it would work. Or should I look for something better
anyway (due to a possible problem of disconnects or such)? Any info/insight
is appreciated.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html