[NTLK] Newton + Globetrotter - complete wireless solution!

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 12:53:27 PST

I strongly recommend this configuration!

It's really fun to see people's face when I get the headset, plug it in
the Newton tap here and there and start talking with my office :)

So far I was able to make GSM (Dialup) / GPRS data connections that are
fast and realiable. Today I tested a phone call and it worked
perfectly, very stable and the volume was ok.

I will try to flash the card with the new option firmware (3.31) to see
if I can send/receive faxes.

I'm using PT100 to send the AT commands to the Globetrotter card but I
really wish I could do some newton script programming to write a full
suite of tools like sms / calls / gprs :(

Does someone know if NSBasic would be enough to program this kind of
stuff?

lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html