Re: [NTLK] eMate charging question

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 08:08:45 PST

Of course the safest thing you can do is to measure
a) the max output voltage (no load attached)and
b) the max current at approx. 6V output voltage (using a variable resistive
load)

if a) is below 7.5 V you are already fine.
The current measured shall be approx. 1.5 Amps, but if it is more it should
not really be a big problem.
There is no problem except that charging takes longer if the adapter is
providing less than 1.5 Amps at 6V.
The main thing is to stay within the voltage limit in any condition.

If you buy an adapter that really provides a REGULATED output voltage of
lets say 6V, you are safe, but the charging is not optimal (just takes
longer).

Regards
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html