Re: [NTLK] Who Wants Shell Access?

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 15:23:23 PST

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 11:53 AM, Jeff wrote:>

> Since you're making a dial-up "service" for the Newton community, why not
> go the whole nine yards and try to put together something that resembles
> eWorld? :)

That would be nice!

Once you get shell access for your Newton, anything goes! It's all script
based. Take a look at at EETransfer. I'm very sure it can be used to script
any interface we could want: email, net backups, shopping, news, hiking
maps, weather reports (wow, very exciting!)

  http://www.easter-eggs.com/newton/index.html

But alas, I believe resurrecting the "actual" eWorld service for Newtons
would be much tougher than me just opening up a phone line to the world.
Besides, legal hurdles, you'll need a damn good programmer familiar with
the defunct protocols of the eWorld service, to help recreate them in the
Unix environment.

Ron

RAParker
   |\/|\