Re: [NTLK] Looking for a simple countdown timer

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 13:10:21 PST

as far as a countdown timer goes, there is one called
ecount.pkg. I don't know who it's from, but I have it
on my server (link is titled countdown timer)
There is also Big by S. Weyer. It's claim to fame is
that it's a huge (landscape view) timer that you can
see from across the room. It's also on my server
titled bigcountdown.pkg.
There's also a dashboard script that allows you to
create a countdown timer as well. It's at the
dashboard site (see a previous post)
for the other stuff I mentioned, go:
http://newton.tek-ed.com
with your Newt, click on the pkg and download/install
it directoy into your Newt!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am looking for a countdown timer. Something very
> quick to set the time
> and go, yet allows for multiple timers and possibly
> a short note or two if I
> had several timers and wanted to keep track of them
> and a alarm at the end
> (selectable alarm would be nice so I could tell by
> the sound when the
> countdown timer was up). Yes I know I could use the
> Dates app, put in say 5
> to 30, list what it is about, etc etc I am really
> looking for something that
> just say a couple of taps to set up and go. But if
> I wanted more I could do
> it.
>
> Either a stand alone app or a addon to dates is
> fine. Just something quick
> and easy. Any ideas?
>
> -Dan

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100