Re: [NTLK] Etherlink III Card 3C589D-TP

From: Tom Zahm (tpzahm_at_newted.org)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 06:22:12 PST

> I want to share its Internet connection but
> when I plug the Etherlink III Card 3C589D-TP
> into the Newt, I get a "cannot read this card"
> message.
>
> I imagine it has to do with drivers but I have
> no idea where to get them how to install them
> on my Newton if I did.

Mike,

Re: where -- http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet is the the definitive
place.

You'll need both the Farallon driver and the 3Com patch.

You'll also find instructions on the site.

I trust that you're not suffering from the "bootstrap problem", i.e. I
trust that you have a way to download the drivers to the MP.

Yours in Newtondom,
Tom Zahm

P.S. I still have some 3C589 cards and new dongles. Still $12.50
deliv'd in the US. Overseas slightly higher.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html