Re: [NTLK] No Newts ...?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 06:35:15 PST

>From: james brosche <jbrosche_at_mac.com>
>Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:46:10 -0800
>
>In the thurs or friday addition or the seattle pi, there was an article
>about the lack of success of the tablet pc. No one is buying them.
>people still prefer the small device like palm (or Newton) or they want
>a laptop which can do it all.

Well, looking at current tablets - I wouldn't buy them as well. What
for? They are two big, too heavy, too expensive. I do not need 12" or
14", I would be fine with... say 9", or maybe 10". My ideal tablet
would be bigger than a Newton 2100, screensize/resolutionwise, but
smaller and lighter than a 12" iBook, with a better battery time.
The current products are not different enough from notebooks in order
to make people buy them for their specific advantages (my guess).

>At my favorite store in Portland, OR,
>Macforce, they have a old apple tablet mac. even apple was in that
>game for awhile, but it didnt sell then either.

Any pics?!

Oliver :)

--
The thing is, it's very easy to be different, but very difficult to be better.

							Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html