Re: [NTLK] Hardware to connect emate to Imac

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 14:55:05 PST

On 25-nov-03, at 21:52, Karen Yuen wrote:
> Hi, I have an emate I'm trying to connect to my 15" imac. I called
> J&K Sales to ask if their Newton Mac Serial Cable (jk#CBL002])

If this is the cable they sell to connect a MessagePad it will work
with an eMate as well.

> and Newton serial adaptor or dongle (jk #PDA036) would work.

You don't need the dongle with an eMate, since it has both the
connector of the 2x00 series (for which you would need the dongle) AND
a standard serial connection (for which you don't need the dongle)

> And is this the easiest and/or cheapest way?

So easiest and cheapest is just with the serial cable.
By the way, I presume you have a serial to USB converter, you'll need
this because iMacs didn't have the serial connection anymore.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html