[NTLK] The eMac, Classic Appletalk, switches and 10.3-can't connect!

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 03:54:19 PST

I bought a switch today, and tried again to connect my
2100 to the eMac. No success.

I checked that appletalk was on in Network prefs-yes:
in chooser-yes: in Directory access-yes.

I tried crossover cable and straight-through cable-no
success.

I restarted classic, I restarted OS10, I reinstalled
classic-no success.

I tried the Newt connected directly to the eMac, just
the Newt through the switch, just the Newt through the
router; with the router and the Newt connected through
the switch, etc- no success.

So OK, I give up.

For the technical, the top LED on the switch comes on
when the card in the Newt is trying to connect, it's
labelled LINK/ACT. But the lower LED never lights,
it's labelled FDX/COL.

The Newt can find the eM

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html