Re: [NTLK] Rechargeable NiMH AA bateries for Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 22:55:12 PST

Yes. All rechargeables are 1.25v. The only option you
can choose is the mAh rating. I picked up some Maha
Powerex 2200mAh batteries (a set of 8) and a cycling
charger for $48. http://www.thomas-distributing.com
(they take PayPal)
I've been using a set of Maha Powerex batteries for a
few months now and my Archos mp3 player lasts over 11
hours with a set. My 2100 Newt runs for 2 weeks
without even showing a drain! I didn't have to
recharge the batteries until 3 weeks of use! (and then
only because I neede a reliable Newt for a few days
and couldn't risk the batteries dying).
One thing though. Go to http://www.logictools.de and
get the battery type Preference plug-in. This little
Preferences add-in allows you to set the battery type
in your Newt so that it will more accuratly display
the approximate life remaining in your current set of
batteries.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Luiz Petroni|Compasso Arte
<lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br> wrote:
> I did a research in local stores (Brazil) and I
> found several brands of
> 2100mAh NiMH AA rechargeables (sony, panasonic,
> etc). But all are 1,2V.
>
> Are these 1,2V batteries compatible with Newton?
> If so, which best brand do you recommend?
>
> lpetroni

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100