[NTLK] notepad: error -10606

From: pytheas_at_helmug.gr
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 10:31:18 PST

notepad: error -10606

Hello there!

I'm sending you this email from greece! I have been using a newton 2100 for
some time now, and a couple of days earlier I've managed to "destroy" the
notepad. Here is the case: When I tap on the notepad icon, an error -10606
appears. If I'm not wrong, this means that the os cannot locate notepad.

I believe that the problem started when I've uninstalled "the fish"; an
encryption program for the notepad. But then again, I can't be sure that
this has caused the problem.

Anyway, when I select the notepad icon, and I press the file button, it
shows me that it is filed in the internal memory. Also, the notepad file
under the storage menu, shows no items or size. A blank window appears, with
only the "delete", "file" and "X" buttons been present.

Since the problem started, I've tried software reset (just pressed the reset
button), hardware reset (I've hold down the reset button for 20s), I've
trashed the notepad files in the storage menu (unsucessfully, since the os
notified me that "this icon can't be deleted because it is the wrong kind")
, I've installed and uninstalled the fish, and I've restored the notepad
files from my imac. None of these was succesfull... :-(

So, any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your time!

Angelo

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html