Re: [NTLK] e-Mate for sale in Phoenix...

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 22:23:00 PDT

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 12:55:30AM -0400, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> Even if you put it on eBay, that doesn't mean that the high bidder has
> "no love for the green"...

That and I would think rather than taking a "Newton runs thicker than
blood" joke personally, he could put up a "Help me Save my e-Mate" PayPal
webpage. A galmour-shot photo of the e-mate in question, some tabulated
expenses, an edit of the original message and perhaps the charity of
strangers may make the difference. Maybe the local NUG could even help by
appealing to its members or reaching out to other clubs about a need for
an anonymous member (genealogy and generic computing groups, for instance,
come to mind).

Tim could keep a journal afterwards of how his e-Mate has since lived its
life out loud, surpassing its once-expected forsale date into unknown
hands. Hell, maybe some PHXNUG or LANUG members can sell their plasma.
Two good deeds at the same time. :)

Tim has a destiny...and the e-Mate's meant to be a part of it.
Keep the green.

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html