[NTLK] Blunt - Bluetooth driver

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 02:12:46 PDT

Hi,

I've just picked this snippet up from Eckhart's Blog at
http://www.40hz.org/mottek ....

>I'm almost ready to release a proof-of-concept version of Blunt.
> And it doesn't have to be a PCMCIA or CF card:
> It should be possible to put together a small PCB
> with a Bluetooth module and fit it inside the Newton,
> similar to the SER-001. Bluetooth modules are tiny,....

That sounds like a great idea! How about a new SER-001 with the std
mini-din for the first serial port and a Bluetooth transceiver on the
second, currently unused serial port?

That really would be cool (though I also like the idea of an MP3 chip on
that 2nd port :-) )

Cheers.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html