Re: [NTLK] Best Mail Client for .Mac

From: Andy Mulhearn (unxmully_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 23:10:37 PDT

On Friday, Oct 3, 2003, at 05:55 Europe/London, David M. Ensteness
wrote:

> I guess I am just full of questions lately. I used to use Simple Mail
> and found that to be kinda a let down, I never had much luck viewing
> mail from my IMAP accounts on it but that might have been my fault for
> keeping an inbox WAY too full.
>
> Right now I have Enroute installed. It looks to only do POP accounts. I
> figured it might still work with my .Mac account and set it up, but I
> don't know the address of a DNS server so Enroute looks at me funny
> when I try to do something.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. I read my .Mac mail using Eudora
because .Mac is served as both IMAP and POP services. The DNS settings
would come from your ISP and the connection configured by DHCP so while
the two are connected, Enroute should use whatever your Newt has
configured. I would have thought.

> So here I am, looking for good mail clients. Any recommendations?

Well Eudora works for me and I use it against a .Mac account. There is
a problem with timeouts though if the .Mac server doesn't respond as
quickly as it should.

Andy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html