Re: [NTLK] On the topic of networking (many questions...)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 01:12:55 PDT

Andre Garzia wrote:
> * Some wireless router plugged into my cable modem.
> * A PCMCIA 802.11 card on my newton 2000.
> * A Ethernet card on my newt, so I can hook onto my college network.
> Can someone spent a cent or two and tell me good trusted and
> extremeally cheap routers and cards that work with the newt?

I have a NetGear 314 which I bought because it's so Newt friendly (even
routes AppleTalk packets between wired and wireless) sure that a
thorough internet search will turn one up cheap.
I did a quick search and found the MR814 here:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006HYKM/002-8419436-
9183204> for $34.94 (after rebate)
A Google search for 'NetGear 314 for sale' turned up more stuff.
As for a card, there was a really cheap one ($15) mentioned on the list
recently, should be in the archives)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html